The objective of this contract is to design and construct facilities to treat wastewater generated from the Mu’tah University campus. The project includes:
1. Wastewater Treatment Plant Unit: With a daily flow of 1,600 m3 /day with a peaking factor of 3. The plant receives 960 kg BOD5/day, 90% reduction of the BOD5 is achieved. The treatment unit being based on Uplift Sludge Blanket Filtration (USBF) Technology, incorporates all of the advanced features of an extended aeration activated sludge process, including superactivation, nitrification, single sludge denitrification, phosphorus uptake, upflow sludge blanket filtration etc., in one compact unit for cost effective wastewater treatment, landscape saving and easy operation
2. Complete Chlorination System with two feeders (one operating and the second standby).
3. Reinforced concrete skimming tank to remove grease and oil.
4. An equalization tank to accommodate around 300 m3 of extra flows. The tank has a flushing system to clean the effluent and contains gently mixing and aeration equipment to prevent aerobic digestion.
5. All necessary pipes, connections, valves, pumps and other mechanical and electrical equipment necessary to operate the plant