The overall scope of work for this Contract 3 comprises restructuring of tertiary water systems including, but not limited to, the following:
1. Construction of around 77 km of new tertiary pipelines, around 4km pipelines of DI pipe of 300mm to 600mm, and 73km pipelines of HDPE of 63 to 250mm.
2. Construction of around 30km of HDPE pipelines of 25mm and 32mm for house connection.
3. Reuse of and incorporating into the Works around 7 km of existing pipelines.
4. Construction of 4 new District Meter Area (DMA) as follows:
DMA DMA Name
RL 1 Tatweer Hadari A (Representative DMA)
RL 2 Prince Talal / Razi / Dahereah (Remaining DMA)
RL 6 Lower Rasheed A (Remaining DMA)
RL 7 Lower RasheedB (Remaining DMA)
5. And connecting the new network with the connection point established under Contract C1.
6. Furnishing and installing replacement and/or new gate valves, butterfly valves, air release valves.
7. Commissioning and transitioning from the old pipelines system to the new networks and avoiding interruption of water supply to consumers.
8. Coordination and cooperation with all other contracts and contractors to ensure proper and seamless commissioning and transitioning.