The overall scope of work comprises restructuring and rehabilitation of the Batrawi South and West Water Networks including, but not limited to, the following:
1.Construction of around 224 km of new tertiary network pipelines. The new pipelines are 4 km DI of 300mm and 400mm and 220 km of HDPE of 63mm to 250mm.
2. Construction of around 114.km of HDPE pipeline of 25mm and 32mm for houses connections, including the replacement of existing water meters with Employerfurnished meters.
3. Reuse of and incorporating into the Works around 10.7 km of existing pipelines.
4. Construction and isolation of 11 new District Meter Areas (DMA) and connecting the new networks through the connection points established under Contract C1.
5. Furnishing and installing new gate valves, butterfly valves, air release valves.
6. Construction of new booster station.
7. Commissioning and transitioning from the old pipelines system to the new networks avoiding interruption of water supply to consumers.
8. Coordination and cooperation with all other contracts and contractors to ensure proper and seamless commissioning and transitioning.