The project site is in al Shmessani Area at the heart of Amman, the capital of Jordan. The contract is to construct and finish a main interchange to facilitate the traffic in this node in Amman. The contract includes:
Construction of Queen Noor overpass
The Queen Noor overpass (QN) consists of a dual carriageway each carried by a separate bridge structure with a 9.04m width each. From the left carriageway bifurcates a 100m long ramp that will connect to the Rapid Exit Flyover (RE). From the right carriageway bifurcates one span that connects to Ramp1.
- The deck is of the post-tensioned single cell box girder type. The deck depth is 1.20m for QN.
- Each deck is constructed in a number of stages as shown in drawings. Construction joints are set near inflexion points. Pretesting cables are made continuous with the use of special couplers.
- The abutments are of the solid wall type. They have a double function: support the deck at bridge ends and retain the road embankment of the approaches to the bridge structure. The abutments are equipped with approach slabs to ensure a good transition between the road flexible pavement and the bridge rigid structure.
Construction of Shmeissani- Naboulsi overpasses:
The Shmeissani- Naboulsi overpass consists of a dual carriageway each carried by a separate bridge structure with a 7.84m width.
- The deck is of the post-tensioned single cell box girder type. The deck depth is 1.20m in the first three spans and varies linearly in the fourth span to 1.85m.
- Each deck is constructed in three stages.
Construction joints are set near inflexion points. Prestressing cables are made continuous with the use of special couplers. Construction of overpass ramps to serve the traffic from Al Abdali area.
Construction of round about at the main interchange. Demolish and reconstruct part of the existing tunnel with a widening towards the Abdali area. Earth works: which includes the general site clearance, unclassified excavation, structural excavation, backfill and embankment works.
Construction of sub base and base course layers.
Construction of asphalt layers including the binder and wearing layers.
Construction of the surface and storm water drainage system.
Construction of shoulders and side walks.
Construction of retaining walls.
Installing traffic signs, guardrails, and road painting.
Other works like cable ducts, offices, etc.